Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20060414 snapshot

> Sorry if I am a bonehead, but I have no idea how to apply a patch, can you
> please explain?
>
> > diff -p -U2 -r1.42 global.h
> > --- global.h	12 Apr 2006 22:51:02 -0000	1.42

Well, two ways.  For simple patches like this one, you can just edit
global.h to reflect the change.  It's just a pair of curly braces.

In general, though, what you do is save the patch to a file (it's OK
to leave the email text in it; the patch program skips it).  Then,
make sure you're in the right directory, and run:

     patch < the_patch.txt

The "patch" program applies the patch to whatever files are indicated
by the patch.  Read the "patch" documentation, there are some useful
options (-p0 is useful when it's a multi-directory patch).