Re: gEDA-user: non-interactive attribute editor

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:51:48 -0400 (EDT)
sdb@xxxxxxxxxx (Stuart Brorson) wrote:

> Actually, gattrib is meant to edit the attributes attached to your
> symbols after they have been placed on your schematic.  I'm not sure
> good things would happen if you tried to use gattrib on your symbols.
> But then I've never tried that ...
>
> Levente, if you use gattrib on your symbols, let us know what happens!

leva@jive:~/gaf/gschem-sym$ gattrib switch-LORLIN-12pos-1com-1.sym
gEDA/gattrib version 20060123
gEDA/gattrib comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

No components found in entire design!
Do you have refdeses on your components?
Exiting. . . .

:-(

And I want something which has no gui, but can run from the command line with command line options. OR... Am I thinking of sed? :-)

Levente

--
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs