Re: gEDA-user: non-interactive attribute editor

> > Levente, if you use gattrib on your symbols, let us know what happens!
>
> leva@jive:~/gaf/gschem-sym$ gattrib switch-LORLIN-12pos-1com-1.sym=20
> gEDA/gattrib version 20060123
> gEDA/gattrib comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more detail=
> s.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
> conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

> No components found in entire design! =20
> Do you have refdeses on your components? =20
> Exiting. . . .

Actually, that's what it should do.  When I was creating the program
somebody tested it by running it on a design with no components (just
IEC symbols, IIRC, and graphical elements).  Gattrib segfaulted upon
startup.  I checked into it further, and found that gattrib would
segfault if you ran it on a non gschem .sch file.  (That is, if you
tried to open an arbitrary file.)  Therefore, I put a check in to
verify that components were found while reading the file, and if not,
then just tell the user & leave.

As to solving your problem, a Perl or Python script are your best
bets.  You could try sed, but my experience with sed is that the
syntax is so tortured that by the time I figure out what command to
issue, I could have already written and run the Perl script.  But I am
not a sed guru.  If you know its syntax and features, you'll be much
quicker at it than I.

Stuart