Re: gEDA-user: Isopropyl alcohol vs. ethanol

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 06:18, Jose, Marshall wrote:
> [...]

I've used a few gallons of TCE in my time, but after the horror stories
started to surface, the last time was probably 45 years ago.  We used
to use it to clean volume controls and such back in the 40's & 50's.
But by the turn to 60's even  the Air Force (I was a civilian
contractor at Ellsworth the time) made us take it outside before we
could crack the can lid.  Nasty stuff, that and MEK both.  Alky might
be slower by half, but it works just fine.  Just make sure you never
put the dirty q-tip back in the can, get a new one for each dip.
q-tips are cheap, I get mine from a company called sherwood, who sells
a single ended one on about a 6 inch wood stick from the druggist,
about $8 a thousand the last time I bought a box about 4 years back.
Now retired for the most part, that was probably the last box I'll buy.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: