Re: gEDA-user: Multiple open pages in gschem

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 05:48 -0500, Harold D. Skank wrote:
[snip]

> > Do you use these for related schematics?
> >   (Do you tend to have multiple pages from the same design?)
>
> I don't understand this question.

I what I was considering, is that if people use one gschem window with
multiple pages open, are those pages all related to one circuit
hierarchy level? Are they all some level of hierarchy within one design?

Or, do people use a single gschem window for opening schematics which
are un-related?

The work on hierarchy I'm doing requires me to group schematic pages
together into "circuit"s (or "sub-circuit"s - same difference).

Since gschem and libgeda don't have this as an internal concept (yet), I
am considering emulating this behaviour by making one gschem window
correspond to one circuit, with its multiple pages in a flat list. This
allows some testing work without major changes to the existing code.

Thanks for your answers,

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton