Re: gEDA-user: Multiple open pages in gschem

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 16:01 -0700, Cory Cross wrote:
> > I'm also considering it might be best to launch a new window for each
> > hierarchy level, reserving multiple pages in one window to tie directly
> > to the case where a single level of hierarchy has multiple pages.
> /Me thinks of the furor over GNOME's file manager windows... (I dislike
> it, if you're wondering)

Ok, an OT answer, but never mind:

You mean "Nautilus" opening things in new windows - rather than browsing
in the one window?

The change post 2.6 which removes all the "browsing" toolbars etc.. for
folder windows, and makes new windows open for every click?

If so, this might be of interest:

In gconf-editor, navigate to the key:

/apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser

With this set to False, I get new windows for every click. With it set
to True, you get browser based navigation - in the same window.

> > Example screenshots are at:
> They look fine to me, as long as you don't get rid of the keyboard
> shortcuts :)

Wouldn't dream of it.

But.. because the page navigation is flat, "hierarchy up" is gone.
"Down" just opens the relevant page, and sticks it to the end of the
list Schematic down does work - for one schematic at least - you need
the gafrc search paths correct though.

I'd imagine a "Back" button like in a web-browser might be a useful
addition, serving the same purpose as "up" now.

Mine has:

# For "down" schematics
(source-library "./")
# For custom symbols
(component-library "./")

(Actually this breaks the check to ensure you only open one copy of the
schematic, as a ".//" gets embedded in the file path internally. It is
better to specify an absolute path)

Peter