Re: gEDA-user: Multiple open pages in gschem

Peter Clifton wrote:
Do you use multiple windows running from the same copy of gschem?
Yes, frequently with dual monitors.

Do you use multiple running copies of gschem?
Occasionally to view an unrelated project, to remember how I did things in another circuit, but only temporarily.

Do you use these for related schematics?
  (Do you tend to have multiple pages from the same design?)
No multiple copies for the same design, but yes for multiple windows

How much use do you make of hierarchy traversal?
  (Schematic or symbol down, up, page next, page previous)?
Frequently for everything but schematic down (I thought it wasn't implemented?)
For testing, I've got a version of gschem which just opens a pages in a
flat list. These can be traversed using toolbar buttons, just like a
document viewer. This significantly simplifies some code, and UI
presentation issues for a complex nested  hierarchy.
So, the current page manager but no nesting? I'm fine with it; the nesting doesn't add any value AFAICT.

I'm also considering it might be best to launch a new window for each
hierarchy level, reserving multiple pages in one window to tie directly
to the case where a single level of hierarchy has multiple pages.
/Me thinks of the furor over GNOME's file manager windows... (I dislike it, if you're wondering)

Example screenshots are at:
They look fine to me, as long as you don't get rid of the keyboard shortcuts :)

Cory Cross