gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog PLI example: PLI_INT32 vs static int

Hi,

I am trying out some examples from the Sutherland PLI book and for the
calltf, compiletf, and sizetf routines the book uses PLI_INT32 type as
return type.

On the Icarus VPI page http://iverilog.wikia.com/wiki/Using_VPI page in
hello.c example I see the use of static int for that. When I compile my
code with PLI_INT32 I am getting some warnings. What is the reason for
that difference?

Can I still use PLI_INT32 or will that not work?

I am getting a segementation fault now and try to understand whether it
has to do with that change?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Guenter