gEDA-user: Re: Icarus Verilog PLI example: PLI_INT32 vs static int

Günter Dannoritzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying out some examples from the Sutherland PLI book and for the
> calltf, compiletf, and sizetf routines the book uses PLI_INT32 type as
> return type.
>
> On the Icarus VPI page http://iverilog.wikia.com/wiki/Using_VPI page in
> hello.c example I see the use of static int for that. When I compile my
> code with PLI_INT32 I am getting some warnings. What is the reason for
> that difference?
>
> Can I still use PLI_INT32 or will that not work?
>
> I am getting a segementation fault now and try to understand whether it
> has to do with that change?

"int" is PLI_INT32 in your case. The "static" part is something
else altogether and perhaps more germain to your problem. You
don't say what's crashing, Stu's example or mine, etc., so we
have very little to go on.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,