Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

On Apr 2, 2007, at 11:19 AM, al davis wrote:

The current snapshot has plugins with the complete set of BSIM models, from the oldest up to the new BSIM460 that hasn't made it to most commercial simulators yet. There is also a "spice3f5" set, and a "ngspice17" set. You attach the ones you want, and the rest don't get in the way.

Sounds wonderful. Is it sufficiently compatible with SPICE that I can feed it an HSPICE netlist to describe the circuit itself? I don't care about commanding the simulation in some other language, but I've been working with a VLSI layout contractor that uses HSPICE netlists as an interchange format and a fab house that distributes BSIM parameters in HSIPCE format. I generate HSPICE netlists from the schematic, check them in simulation, and submit them to the contractor. I get back huge, flat "parameter extraction" HSPICE netlists for more simulation. I've been using ngspice with a customized spicepp.pl successfully, but there are issues. The bigger transient simulations bring ngspice to its knees without careful tuning, and noise simulations produce nonsense.

jpd@xxxxxxxxx