Re: gEDA-user: Looking for a project

On 3/31/07, al davis <ad136@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about lab test equipment. There is a real need for simple stuff that is too simple to market at the high prices the big instrument companies need to charge. The kind of equipment you need in a home lab. Like Heathkit used to make.

One thing I am particularly interested in, is a bench RF signal generator, may be not of the class of HP 8640. It should be able to have adjustable output frequency and level to start with. It should be easy to replicate and should use commonly available parts like DDS, 1206 parts for instance.

For people like me sitting in India who do not have access to junk
from ebay, these kinds of stuff will be very useful.

--
 Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD