Re: gEDA-user: Design Lab Equipment

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I will warn you, please listen...DO NOT expect to pick this up
> overnight, or even in a few weeks.  There is a lot going on in those
> little components, and a lot of stuff to be aware of.  I admire your
> desire to "dive in" and start doing things, but it's very important to
> be aware of one's own capabilities and select your projects
> accordingly.  START SMALL...get a Basic Stamp and blink an LED, maybe
> make a low-frequency sine wave with a D/A converter, *then* move to a
> PIC or 8051 with an LCD.

Basic Stamps are fun, and well documented, here is the "Stamps In Class"
homepage.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/edu/index.asp

Beware, the Basic Stamp email list is a HIGH volume list.
--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)