Re: gEDA-user: Design Lab Equipment

> I have seen DJ Delorie using the R8C from Renasas, and I see that
> they are also using a GCC tool chain.  They look like a nice part as
> well.

The whole R8C/M16C/M32C family is a sweet set, everything from 20 pin
$3 to 144 pin chips at $42, with flash ranging from a few Kb to 1Mb.
All with a (mostly ) common architecture and heavy peripheral sharing
between variants and such.  And one compiler/assembler to cover them
all.

Oh, and they use a gcc toolchain because I'm the one who wrote it ;-)
(at least, the gcc part.  The assembler was originally done by someone
else, although I maintain it now).  Easy to program, too.