Re: gEDA-user: Multiple open pages in gschem

> I believe you're mis-using the GtkNotebook. It is supposed to have the

Yes, but nowhere does it say that the widgets have to be inside the
notebook.

> switched page inside it - it doesn't look quite right blank contents, as
> it draws a frame to show its "contents". (It doesn't look like the page
> is what tabs are selecting).

I think that is a minor visual nit (IMHO).  I looked at firefox running
under Linux and w32 and it has the same sort of appearance (where the
web browser contents were not in a tab, but rather the tabs just showed
the current page via the highlighted tab).

> To do it the "Gtk" way, it needs a Drawing-area per tab, which isn't
> what the gschem data-structures are happy with. By current code, it
> would probably need a "TOPLEVEL" per tab. I did almost get it working
> before, but it was a mess.

In one hand you have an approach to getting tabs into gschem with fairly
minimal work (just a matter of hooking up the tabs) and relatively low
risk.  In the other hand you have to completely rewrite and restructure
a non-trivial number of existing data structures (and with somewhat
higher risk).  One will take a few weeks and the other will take months.
Darn those pesky tradeoffs. :)

-Ales