Re: gEDA-user: dead copper removal

--- DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does it convert them to independent polygon objects,
> or just tag it to
> be not-split?  In this case, it would be better to
> leave it as a big
> rectangle and do the clearance on the fly, so one
> could edit the board
> and have the polygon follow it (like pre-clipper).

MorphPolygon converts them to independent polygon
objects. Presently there is no other way to accomplish
what you want. It would take a modest amount of code
in many modules to do what you are asking.  I would
recommend that you save the design before morphing,
then select all and morph just prior to generating
gerbers. You can view what regions will be restored by
the morph with the "check polygons" setting.

I think the most practical way to do what you're
asking  is to have an option in the gerber generator
to include dead copper. That option would then perform
the tasks I describe above.

It would be simple for you to make a key macro that
selected all, morphed selected, generate gerbers, then
undo.  That would act like what I'm describing.

h.