Re: gEDA-user: refdes and footprint not automatic from sym to sch

Hi Frank,

On Thursday 19 April 2007 19:10, Transistor Toaster wrote:
> Werner,
> Thanks for your reply. All right, here's one of my symbols that does
> not have the automatic refdes and footprint. It is for the 24lc256
> serial eepromn:
> Frank
>
> v 20050313 1
> B 200 500 1200 1200 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
> {
> T 200 1900 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> refdes=U?
> T 200 1700 5 10 1 0 0 0 1
> footprint=SO8W
> }
The attributes are attached to the Box. But you need toplevel
attributes.

> P 0 1300 200 1300 1 0 0
> {
> T 0 1300 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> pinnumber=1
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pinlabel=1
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pintype=in
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pinseq=1
> }
> P 0 1100 200 1100 1 0 0
> {
[...]
> P 0 1300 200 1300 1 0 0
> {
> T 0 1300 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> pinnumber=1
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pinlabel=1
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pintype=in
> T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> pinseq=1
> }

And every pin and attribut is there two times.

Please use gsymcheck to check symbols before using them.
werner@werner-amd64:~/puffer> gsymcheck -vv xx.sym

ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=6 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=7 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=8 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=2 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=3 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=4 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol
ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol
ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol

Regards
Werner