Re: gEDA-user: refdes and footprint not automatic from sym to sch

Stuart, Werner,
You're both right. I removed the attributes to the box and reassigned
them to the background and that solved that problem. The gsymcheck
utility left only 1 warning: "Did not find any numslots= attribute"

I still have that other problem in the gsch2pcb
"Could not find refdes on component and could not find any special
attributes"
"stdin:27: m4:   Bad expression in eval: /4"
but it coulld have something to do with pins that have no connections as
revealed by the gnetlist -g drc2 command.

Where do I find the symbol for "no connection" in the Add->component
->library-> menu?
Frank

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:27:48 +0200, "Werner Hoch" <werner.ho@xxxxxx>
said:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Thursday 19 April 2007 19:10, Transistor Toaster wrote:
> > Werner,
> > Thanks for your reply. All right, here's one of my symbols that does
> > not have the automatic refdes and footprint. It is for the 24lc256
> > serial eepromn:
> > Frank
> >
> > v 20050313 1
> > B 200 500 1200 1200 3 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
> > {
> > T 200 1900 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> > refdes=U?
> > T 200 1700 5 10 1 0 0 0 1
> > footprint=SO8W
> > }
> The attributes are attached to the Box. But you need toplevel
> attributes.
>
> > P 0 1300 200 1300 1 0 0
> > {
> > T 0 1300 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> > pinnumber=1
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pinlabel=1
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pintype=in
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pinseq=1
> > }
> > P 0 1100 200 1100 1 0 0
> > {
> [...]
> > P 0 1300 200 1300 1 0 0
> > {
> > T 0 1300 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
> > pinnumber=1
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pinlabel=1
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pintype=in
> > T 0 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
> > pinseq=1
> > }
>
> And every pin and attribut is there two times.
>
> Please use gsymcheck to check symbols before using them.
> werner@werner-amd64:~/puffer> gsymcheck -vv xx.sym

> ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=6 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=7 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinseq=8 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=2 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=3 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=4 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol
> ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol
> ERROR: Found a connection inside a symbol
>
> Regards
> Werner

  Transistor Toaster
  transistortoaster@xxxxxxxxxxx