Re: gEDA-user: Any PCB users used PCB Train?

> while some people have homebrewed their own 4 layer boards,

Around here, I think I'm the only one, and even I send the bigger
board out to be made.

> Has anyone sent the output from PCB to PCB Train?

I've used 4pcb, protoexpress, and pcb-pool so far.  None have had
problems with pcb's output.

> Anyone got a good guess what they mean by 'flashed pads'? I've asked them,
> but not got an answer yet (My guess are pads that are a different width
> than the trace lines. Their technical document says they use 'flashed
> pads' to recognise the ends of nets for electrical testing).

There are two ways to draw pads: draw them as a line from A to B, just
like a trace; or draw them with a special gerber code that says "draw
shape AB here".  The second way is flashing, but you need an aperture
code for each pad length/width/direction/shape combination.  Also, the
HID doesn't have a hook for doing whole-pads, although I keep thinking
about adding one.

So, pcb always draws them as lines.  Same for pins; we draw the circle
as a filled circle, not as a flashed pin.