Re: gEDA-user: Spice files

Hi Karl,

On Freitag, 4. April 2008, Karl Edler wrote:
> I have started simulating using ngspice and gEDA. I am quite new to
> the world of SPICE simulation and am wondering how to find models. I
> see that some transistor datasheets have the models included and that
> Analog Devices has a zip file with a large number of their products
> but I have found no central place to find models, or quick way of
> determining if a model exists.

Unfortunatly there's no such single place.

> I found spicelib-0.0.1 but only the nxp parts downloaded when I ran
> "make".

There's a new version 0.0.2 out there:
http://www.h-renrew.de/download/spicelib-0.0.2.tar.gz

The spicelib is not complete. It's more a concept of how to collect and
test spice models without packaging them. Here's an overview:
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/misc/spicelib/doc/index.html

If you like to add other vendors, please let me know.

Regards
Werner