Re: gEDA-user: Converting RS274D to RS274X

Some gerber generators and viewers have a means to specify the number of significant digits past the decimal point in their co-ordinates (e.g. X.XXX or something like it).  Check to see if that is set correctly.

Regarding the hpgl reference - is this a means to convert to the HPGL vector format that many plotters used to use?  I've used devices that plot on a resist film as you mention, and also convert to the path programming that a milling machine would use.  Filling large copper areas this way can be a little tedious, but it can be really handy for prototyping RF circuits.

Joe T

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Ormund Williams <ormundw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 17:53 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
> ok, it was easier to find than I thought.  google for 'pads-d2x' and
> you'll find a post to this list from our very own Larry Doolittle.  Note
> that as others have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a standard
> aperture list format used with RS274-D.  The primary thing you need to
> do to convert from RS274-D to RS274-X is to take the aperture list that
> goes with your RS274-D files and turn that into the codes which define
> the apertures in RS274-X.  The other differences between D and X don't
> really matter because I believe X has all the features of D and then some.

First thank you, but needs work.  After adding two more aperture types
to the script and concatenating the plot data, gerbv loaded it but all I
get is a large blob, it seems that the scale of the apertures and the
plot data are orders of magnitude different.  I also have other files
with very different aperture report formats, Oh well...

I'll play with it later, thanks again.

__
Ormund