gEDA-user: gschem recording a macro or custom action

Hi all,

When I'm drawing a new schematic all my simple elements (resistors, capacitors) comes without value attribute. To add it I have to edit that symbol add "value" and then change it to "display value only" to have it on screen. Quite a lot of actions on every element.
Please tell me it this is normal way of doing it? Or I simply missed something.
In my old Orcad I could define a macro to for example: add value, set it to 0.1uF, then change footprint to 0805 and set visibility right - one keystroke and I had bypass capacitor on schematic. Is there a way of doing similar thing in gshem?

Thanks in advance
Michael