Re: gEDA-user: gschem recording a macro or custom action

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:36:58 +0200, michalwd1979 wrote:

> To add it I have to edit that
> symbol add "value" and then change it to "display value only" to have it
> on screen. Quite a lot of actions on every element. Please tell me it
> this is normal way of doing it?

There are different approaches among geda users. One is to add the
missing attributes with a special spread sheet application called gattrib.
This application is part of the geda suite and should be available at
your install.

Other users like to add their preferred footprint and value attributes to
the symbol files. This default attributes can be changed in the schematic
on a per component basis. The modified symbols are stored in a local
library. This is the "heavy symbols" approach. You may search the wiki
for that term. I am one of the users who prefer this way to deal with
footprints. So all the symbols you can see in my directory in in
http://gedasymbols.de are heavy.

I bet, some users roll their own perl/python/guile scripts to add missing
attributes in the schematic file.

> Is there a way of doing similar thing in gshem?

Unfortunately, there is no scripting in present in gschem. It is on the
wish list, though. You'd get big cheers from everyone, if you were to
implement a scripting scheme ;-)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak