Re: gEDA-user: PCB connections

Hi John, I was using skinny traces for experimenting set to 5 mils width and
spacing.  Other than that I am using the defaults.  I'll have to read on the
docs to determine how to change the DRC?

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Ian Chapman <ian.chapman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  * Try turning of the pads and see if there is a small amount amount of
>  copper under the pad.
>  * Are your traces and pads on the same side of the board?
>  * Can you connect with with "auto enforce DRC clearance" off?
>
>  Hi John,
>         The last suggestion enabled me to connect to the pad.  I guess
that
>  there is something wrong with my footprint.  Also that PCB is not happy
with
>  some of the high density SMT legacy footprints without clearance and
mask.
>  I am concerned that no DRC will get me into other difficulties.

I agree. The last suggestion was meant as a test. What are your design rules
set to?

>         I'll try your SQFP-50P-1680L1-1680L2-100N footprint tonight.
>  Looking at the pad definition you have
>  Pad[-32479 -23616 -27412 -23616 1181 2000 3181 "" "1" 0x0100]
>
>  Thickness 1181
>  Clearance 2000 = 0.01"
>  Mask 3181

The majority of my footprints will have 10mils of clearance for copper
and 10mils of clearance for soldermask ((3181-1181)/2 = 10mils).

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org