Re: gEDA-user: the joy and sadness of new boards

> Do you remember apx how many blades you went through?

I recall that each blade was good for about 20 inches.  You can extend
that if you put a piece of plywood under the pcb, letting you use 2
(or even 3) different parts of the blade.

> I was thinking of getting a shear. If it works well enough it could
> pay for itself pretty quickly.

This is the most common model on Homebrew_PCBs:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90757

Some folks get this bigger one instead:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=5907

but I've been drooling over this intermediate one, which also has a
slip roller:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Sheet-Metal-Machine-12-/G6089