Re: gEDA-user: DRC-GUI

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 16:49 -0400, Mark wrote:
> On Sat April 4 2009 12:31:18 pm Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Could you search through src/hid/gtk/gui-drc-window.c around lines 652,
> > 655, 670 and 673, to see what the effect of changing "font_size" to
> > simply "size" is?
>
> I just got the latest from Tracking The Latest over at
> http://pcb.gpleda.org/obtaining.html and tested out the new DRC-GUI to
> compare it with the GL branch.  I was getting the same font errors Bert got
> so I made the changes above which worked well.

Now committed.

> Now I have a working DRC-GUI using master from the repo but it still causes
> PCB to crash when I use the settings for Thin Draw or Thin Draw Poly.
>
> Hopefully that will help to narrow down the problem.

Yes, that was the ticket to narrow it down. I've only just got chance to
look at it in detail anyway. The problem was that the DRC window doesn't
set up a clipping region before drawing. I've added add a simple test
allowing a NULL region to be passed to a polygon routine, and will
investigate setting up a proper clipping region to help speed up
drawing. (I'm fairly surprised it wasn't doing that already).

Thanks for the help debugging the issue.

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,