Re: gEDA-user: DRC-GUI

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 17:12 +0200, Bert Timmerman wrote:

> Got the pcb git repository updated and build done.
>
> DRC dialog window shows upon checking DRC and reports 24 violations on
> the example/LED2 board.

(Oops!)

> I get the following warnings all the time (I guess about 24 times on
> each redraw of the DRC dialog window) on the console I started pcb from.
>
> <warning snippet>
>
> (pcb:23590): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set cell text from markup due to
> error parsing markup: Attribute 'font_size' is not allowed on the <span>
> tag on line 2 char 25
>
> </warning snippet>

Hmm, what version of Pango do you have?

Could you search through src/hid/gtk/gui-drc-window.c around lines 652,
655, 670 and 673, to see what the effect of changing "font_size" to
simply "size" is?

(Or removing the attribute all together). They are just formatting
kludges which are used to get a small line spacing between the various
portions of the rendered message.

> The first time the DRC dialog window opens it had the size of a postage
> stamp, on subsequent sessions it opened full screen.

Ah, I didn't give it a default size. It is probably reading incorrect
size data from a non existent preferences file. Thanks for the catch.

It shouldn't open full screen unless that is the size you had it the
last time. It is supposed to remember size across invocations and PCB
restarts. (Code copied from the log window).

> Resizing the DRC dialog window works as expected.
>
> On the screen shot you can seen that there appears no textual
> information stating the nature of the violation.
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/20090404_DRC%20dialog%
> 20window-1.png

If fixing the pango markup makes the warning go away, I expect your text
will also appear.

> Hope this all helps a bit.

Thanks for the reports.. it is great to see people are testing the new
features, and helping to iron out all the kinks.

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,