Re: gEDA-user: DRC-GUI

Hi Peter,

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 17:31 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 17:12 +0200, Bert Timmerman wrote:
>
> > Got the pcb git repository updated and build done.
> >
> > DRC dialog window shows upon checking DRC and reports 24 violations on
> > the example/LED2 board.
>
> (Oops!)

Is 24 violations saying something about the example board or something
about the thorough DRC checking ?

> > I get the following warnings all the time (I guess about 24 times on
> > each redraw of the DRC dialog window) on the console I started pcb from.
> >
> > <warning snippet>
> >
> > (pcb:23590): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set cell text from markup due to
> > error parsing markup: Attribute 'font_size' is not allowed on the <span>
> > tag on line 2 char 25
> >
> > </warning snippet>
>
> Hmm, what version of Pango do you have?
>
> Could you search through src/hid/gtk/gui-drc-window.c around lines 652,
> 655, 670 and 673, to see what the effect of changing "font_size" to
> simply "size" is?

Removing the "font_" part in the string (4 times) did the trick as can
be seen at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/20090404_DRC%20dialog%
20window-2.png

> (Or removing the attribute all together). They are just formatting
> kludges which are used to get a small line spacing between the various
> portions of the rendered message.
>
> > The first time the DRC dialog window opens it had the size of a postage
> > stamp, on subsequent sessions it opened full screen.
>
> Ah, I didn't give it a default size. It is probably reading incorrect
> size data from a non existent preferences file. Thanks for the catch.
>
> It shouldn't open full screen unless that is the size you had it the
> last time. It is supposed to remember size across invocations and PCB
> restarts. (Code copied from the log window).
>
> > Resizing the DRC dialog window works as expected.
> >
> > On the screen shot you can seen that there appears no textual
> > information stating the nature of the violation.
> >
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/20090404_DRC%20dialog%
> > 20window-1.png
>
> If fixing the pango markup makes the warning go away, I expect your text
> will also appear.
>
> > Hope this all helps a bit.
>
> Thanks for the reports.. it is great to see people are testing the new
> features, and helping to iron out all the kinks.

No, problem, thanks for improving an already good tool to an even higher
level of usability.

> Best regards,

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.