Re: gEDA-user: FT232R

William Estrada wrote:
>> If you've got just a few minutes to learn PCB, it will save you a lot
>> of time and headache on the perf board.  I've done it both ways!
>> 1-week turn on a $33/2 layer/30 qu in board from 4PCB.com will save
>> you a lot of trouble.  Min quant for orders from a .edu address is 1,
>> so it's pretty darn cheap.  Otherwise it's a min of 4.

I'll second 4pcb.com.  They're awesome.

They even worked with me to deal with a board that was too small for
them to handle (less than 1"x1")--- they asked me to just tile the
layout and then mark score lines on the silkscreen layer.  They took
care of the rest.  20 minutes of phone time at 9p CDT, it was definitely
above and beyond the call of duty.  I won't even consider anyone else now.

At one time they were working with an assembly house, but I don't see
any mention of that now.  Screaming Circuits is just too expensive, they
want $700 to place 35 relatively ordinary SMT components on a single
board!  I think that comes to about $1400/hr plus parts costs.  If
anyone wants that kind of service, let me know: I'll do it for half
that.  :)

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff