Re: gEDA-user: FT232R

William Estrada wrote:
> Hi group,
>
>   Does anyone have a sym file for the FT232RL?

FWIW - I'm using the FT232RL in a converter that switches 7A at 350VDC
without problems.  My circuit doesn't have the 47pF caps on the signal
lines and the shield is connected to ground on the target board, which
is 4 layers.  I flooded the signal layers with additional copper and
hooked every thing to ground it a reasonable density of vias.

As for the footprint, I found that the pads DJ's footprint were a bit
too short for me to solder comfortably - I added 20 mils to the outside
dimension on both sides and it was a lot easier.  Of course, DJ made the
front end really easy with the symbol, footprint & guinea pig board.
Thanks, DJ!

-Ethan