Re: gEDA-user: Found pins without the 'pintype' attribute:

On Apr 15, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm making a small project of the PIC Programator.
> I find the Schematic on the internet..
>
> I have done already the Schematic.
> The schematic can be find here on my webserver:
> http://csanyi-pal.info/apache2-default/letoltes/gEDA_schematics/
>
> I run on it gnetlist. Only one NOTE I get:

I assume with -g drc2

> NOTE: Found pins without the 'pintype' attribute:
> U101:1 U101:4 U101:8 U101:7 U101:2 U101:6 U101:5 U101:3

You can ignore this. You can ignore most complaints from drc2: its
model of reality is that you are designing pure logic circuits using
a single logic family.

To the developers: why bludgeon newbies with the "need" to use a tool
that requires deep understanding of its limitations to be at all
useful? It's a tool for experts: its messages must be treated with
enormous skepticism.

> and this is the LM555 Timer.
>
> So, I don't know exactly all the pintypes of the LM555 but mayhep
> they are these:
>
> pin 1 GND:      pintype: pwr
> pin 2 TRIG:     pintype: in  (?)
> pin 4 RESET:    pintype: in  (?)
> pin 8 VCC:      pintype: pwr
>
> pin 3 OUT:      pintype: out
> pin 5 CTRL:     pintype: out (?)
> pin 6 THRES:    pintype: out (?)
> pin 7 DISC:     pintype: oc  (?)
>
> Is this true?

When in doubt, use "pas".

> I think I need this because I want later to simulate this circuit
> design..

Nope. You don't need pintype at all, unless you want to suppress
drc2's whining.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx