Re: gEDA-user: problem to simulate an astable multivibrator with uA741 opamp

On Apr 15, 2009, at 8:55 AM, joseda wrote:

> That was the trick! I fixed by adding a new voltage source of -15V
> (i called
> Vee)
>
> But why is not -Vcc the same as Vcc multiplied by -1?

Vcc is only a name of a network.

> Vcc is 15V

V(Vcc) is 15V. Vcc is just a name. Now in *some* cases, ngspice will
assume that you mean V(Vcc) when you enter Vcc. Not all SPICE
dialects do this, and ngspice only does this is certain contexts.
This is arguably a confusing misfeature. For one thing, it means it's
a bad idea to use characters like "-" in ngspice netnames.

> so -Vcc should be -15 V but it doesn't work this way!!

To what voltage source is -Vcc connected to make it -15V? I see no
such source in your circuit.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx