Re: gEDA-user: Compile from source Try 2

KURT PETERS <peterskurt@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Since my last email, I'm not trying the Makefile included with the
> source code and am trying to install 1.5.2 in Kubuntu 8.1.0 still.
>

> I can make configure, but when I make install, I get this error.
>    Any thoughts?
>    I'm not sure what olib.c is or what the error means.  I did
>    install flex.

> /bin/bash ../ylwrap olib.l .c olib.c -- /bin/bash
> /home/kurt/Documents/gedacompile/geda-utils-1.5.2/missing --run flex
> make[2]: *** [olib.c] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kurt/Documents/gedacompile/geda-utils-1.5.2/src'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kurt/Documents/gedacompile/geda-utils-1.5.2'
> make: *** [utils_install] Error 2

I have installed gEDA with git from source.

I run first the autogen.sh in the downloaded geda/ directory and after
that:

sudo aptitude install git-core git-doc gitk stgit git-email
git-completion guile-1.8

and some other debian packages too:

libgtk2.0-dev This was very important package!!

and:
autoconf automake libtool gettext intltool cvs flex groff transfig

I have tried more than one time to install it, and every time I did:
make clean
make
make install

I hope this help! :)