Re: gEDA-user: Found pins without the 'pintype' attribute:

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:37:09 -0600, John Doty wrote:
>

>> You can ignore this. You can ignore most complaints from drc2: its model
>> of reality is that you are designing pure logic circuits using a single
>> logic family.
>>
>> To the developers: why bludgeon newbies with the "need" to use a tool
>> that requires deep understanding of its limitations to be at all useful?
>>

> Full ack. to this one. This lead me to not using DRC at all.

I used it to help find Csanyi Pal's problem this morning. The combined
messages from spice-sdb and drc2 led me quickly to the trouble But I
needed my eight years of experience with gEDA to recognize the syndrome:
none of the messages was a direct indication of what was wrong.
> I Assume, a better DRC is already on the agenda of features to be.

Not that I know of. Can of worms...

--
John Doty      Noqsi Aerospace, Ltd.
http://www.noqsi.com/