Re: gEDA-user: Two pin variable capacitor symbol with 3 pin footprint

On Apr 20, 2009, at 3:20 AM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 12:06 +0200, Stephan Boettcher wrote:
>

>> - use the 3-pin footprint and connect pin three with a net= attribute
>>  on the symbol
>>

> This idea in not new to me, I tried something similar with an OpAmp
> with
> multiple power pins -- now i prefer a special footprint.
>
> I have 8 of these variable capacitors (8 and 10mm diameter), so I have
> to give the first symbol a net attribute like "net=CapVarNetA:1,3" the
> next "net=CapVarNetB:1,3" the next "net=CapVarNetC:1,3" then next...
>
> A gschem pin which can have multiple pinnumbers may be a nice
> solution?

I like the idea of a delimited list of pins for a pin.

I dislike the net attribute, is seems like a hack and doesn't allow
for changes easily.  changing the net name of the net feeding that pin
won't be quite what you want.

My solution for this problem is to make a new symbol, and explicitly
place all pins.