Re: gEDA-user: Two pin variable capacitor symbol with 3 pin footprint

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 12:06 +0200, Stephan Boettcher wrote:

> - use the 3-pin footprint and connect pin three with a net= attribute
>   on the symbol

This idea in not new to me, I tried something similar with an OpAmp with
multiple power pins -- now i prefer a special footprint.

I have 8 of these variable capacitors (8 and 10mm diameter), so I have
to give the first symbol a net attribute like "net=CapVarNetA:1,3" the
next "net=CapVarNetB:1,3" the next "net=CapVarNetC:1,3" then next...

A gschem pin which can have multiple pinnumbers may be a nice solution?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski