gEDA-user: libgerbv DRC help

Hello,

I'm trying to use libgerbv to perform some rudimentary DRC of a set of RS274x files. Specifically, I'm trying to calculate minimum track spacing.

After doing some initial playing around, it appears that treating it as a vector problem, by enumerating net vectors and comparing them with neighbouring nets is just too error-prone and slow, especially when you have boards with fills created from lots of traces.

So my current solution is to step through the canvas in the x and y axes, and seeing if that pixel is copper or a space. This only returns track spaces in the vertical and horizontal directions, but this  is sufficient, and usually gives a good idea if a board is manufacturable or not.

Right now, I'm exporting the image to a suitably sized PNG and working on that with separate scripts, and getting sensible results, but I would like to do without this extra step if possible.

Is there any libgerbv function available that returns if coordinate (x,y) is coloured / blank? I couldn't find one.

I think I'm going to have to render the layer to a pixmap of the appropriate size to get the required accuracy, and then inspect the pixels in that pixmap row by row and column by column.

If there is a better approach, or you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

John