Re: gEDA-user: gEDA and ubuntu

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:20:11 -0700, John Eaton wrote:

>>Do you have access to the wiki at geda.seul.org?
>
> No I don't.

You may ask Ales for an login.

> I am currently trying to install dokuwiki on my system
(...)
> The install does set up a webserver and I can point it to the geda wiki
> and I can view it over the net but I can't do any editing.

dokuwiki is not a webserver but a bunch of scripts. It uses a webserver.
In your case, the webserver is probably apache2. After the install there
should be a link
	/etc/apache2/conf.d/dokuwiki.conf
This tells the local webserver where to look for the doku wiki scripts.

In my case, the first line of this file reads:
	Alias /wiki		/usr/share/dokuwiki

This means, I can point a web browser to
	http://localhost/wiki
to get the start page of the local dokuwiki. This will be some ugly
standard page with no reference to geda.

Hope, this helps,

---<(kaimartin)>---