Re: gEDA-user: OT: soldering QFN packages with exposed bottom pad?

   Be careful mounting a part like this upside down.  If the back side
   pad on the part is critical to grounding or heat removal (like some
   switching power supply controllers) you could easily cause the part to
   malfunction or worse yet, fail altogether.
   Joe T

   On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM, William Estrada
   <[1]MrUmunhum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Use a plcc adapter. Or use the dead bug design, glue it upside down
     to a piece of plastic then solder the wires to the chip.

     --
     William Estrada
     [6]MrUmunhum@xxxxxxxxxxx