Re: gEDA-user: paid help?

Hi Stefan
I do not really get the intension of your post. If you really should not
manage to make the needed symbols and footprints by yourself, then I
guess you may find indeed people who will support you. For example, I
can make single symbols or footprints for you, or maybe greater
quantities if you make a donation to unicef, linux-fund, GNU-project,
wikipedia...
I am just getting started and may say things that sound stupid. I did not actually realize that some Apps had a roll-your-own style vs off the shelf footprints. I guess this leaves me with a question... Is geda meant for the non-lazy high end user that roll's his/her own footprints? If so then if I paid for a few more then it would not really help as this is not the intended direction. If the project does need more footprints then would it not be good to come up with a viable solution to create them? For instance could someone sell a support package, i.e includes 50 footprints for X amount of money. These footprints would then become open source and available to all, free as in beer. Would this approach not bring more people to the project? or would it bring the wrong kind of people?

Please bare with me, I repair spectrometers for a living and have no circuit design experience. I just see an opportunity to make a device and I want to jump on it despite my lack of experience.

-Patrick