Re: gEDA-user: paid help?

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 11:08 -0400, Patrick wrote:

> Please bare with me, I repair spectrometers for a living and have no
> circuit design experience. I just see an opportunity to make a device
> and I want to jump on it despite my lack of experience.
>
> -Patrick

Of course, some circuit design experience would be good if your
intention is to design and build an device. With only an idea and no
knowledge it may be very difficult, or very expensive.

Of course, one important question is: Is your intension to build a
commercial device, or to build open hardware. In the first case you have
to pay for needed help and this can be very expensive. In the later
case, you may find people which help you for free.

Do you know www.gedasymbols.org -- a collection of symbols and
footprints from gEDA users? But of course building a device is much more
than having a collection with all footprints and symbols available.