Re: gEDA-user: How do I change initial window size on gschem and pcb?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 14:23 +0800, Atommann wrote:
>> So, you can open /usr/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc and search for
>> keyword "window", read it and you will find how to change the initial
>> size of the gschem window :)
>>
>> You can also add the following line to the file ~/.gEDA/gschemrc to
>> override the settings in system-gschemrc
>> (window-size 950 712)  ; Good size for 1152x864
>
> Looking at the code, I'm not sure that will actually do anything.. let
> me know if it works.

I used to include a patch in the Fink package which changed
system-gschemrc to take into account the default size of the OS X dock
(which cuts into the screen real estate, and isn't obvious from the
root window size reported by the X server). But it was hard-coded to
fit a 1024x768 display (and it assumed the dock was on the bottom), so
I took it out.

Lately, I just hit the green "maximize" button, as someone else
suggested. That does seem to be aware of the size of the dock.

--
- Charles Lepple