gEDA-user: hierarchy and net attributes.

So as I understand the current situation in gschem/gnetlist, there is no way to get a global net in a hierarchical design other than to set:

(hierarchy-netattrib-mangle "disabled")

in gnetlistrc.  However, now all net attributes will become global nets.  So, if one uses off-page connector symbols, the net attribute in off-page connectors will now become a global net.  So, in essence, there is no way to have a multi-sheet lower level schematic that accesses global nets using the "disable mangle" hack.  Disabling mangling has the side effect of turning any signal in a lower level sheet with an off-page reference into a global net.

Is this correct?  Or am I missing something?

-dave