gEDA-user: snag building GAF from git

INSTALL and README seem very simple now, so I think I followed all the steps.
The simplicity is nice Ales.  Any ideas how to get past this:

Making all in scheme
make[3]: Entering directory `/moredata/src-geda-others/gaf/gnetlist/scheme'
sed \
                -e 's;@m4@;/usr/bin/m4;g' \
                -e 's;@pcbm4dir@;/opt/geda/share/pcb/m4;g' \
                -e 's;@pcbconfdir@;/opt/geda/etc/pcb;g' \
                ./gnet-gsch2pcb.scm.in > gnet-gsch2pcb.scm
if test "." != "" ; then \
                echo "copying scheme files" ; \
                cp -f ./*.scm  ; \
        else \
                echo "source directory = build directory" ; \
        fi
copying scheme files
cp: target `./gnetlist.scm' is not a directory
make[3]: *** [all-local] Error 1

It's repeatable after a make clean.

John Griessen