gEDA-user: pcb libraries and local footprints.

DJ Delorie wrote:
Tried with same line as was in ~/.pcb/preferences and it did not show the library.

Not preferences, settings... if it works in ~/.pcb/settings, it works
as ./pcb.settings

~/.pcb/preferences is a GTK-specific save-state file.

The pcb libraries to use are defined in ~/.pcb/preferences with a line like:
library-newlib = /home/john/EEProjects/now-svn-ecosensory/circuitboards/footprints_pcb

Is there a way to get pcb to use a local library based on a local override?

I tried putting that line in ~/.pcb/settings   -- no go.

Reading pcb.pdf from the latest I find the command line option
pcb -libpath /home/john/footprints, but neither pcb -libpath
or pcb --libpath are recognized.

Another thing from 1.99z pcb.pdf that suggest success is close is:

"?libraryPath (string)?
A colon separated list of directories that will be passed to the commands spec-
ified by elementCommand and elementContentsCommand."

This suggests multiple dirs can have subdirs with footprints in them, they just need
to be specified in one place.  How would I library path from the command line
or in a settings file?

There once was a mention of a packages dir being used locally for footprints.

How does that work?

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX