Re: gEDA-user: pcb libraries and local footprints.

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
Handling of parameters is more than a little confusing with the GTK UI.
If I recall correctly, .pcb/preferences overrides .pcb/settings. In addition preferences are overwritten on every regular shut-down of pcb. Not all options are processed in preferences. This means, .pcb/settings has no effect for options that are already in .pcb/preferences. However, if you remove the options from .pcb/preferences, pcb will fall back to .pcb/settings.

Thanks for the note about removing from .pcb/preferences.  I've been able
to partly do what I wanted for project dirs -- to define local ./pcb.settings
with several footprint search path locations.  I also see directory .
available even though not asked for.  The local definitions wipe the
ones in  .pcb/settings as you noticed.

What would be great is to have local search paths added to the default
central footprint library, but I can work around that.

John Griessen