Re: gEDA-user: Matching footprints with symbols

On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 22:52 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> keeping to my promisse, I came up with a skeleton in "pseudo-html"
[...]
> If the schematic has to be converted to a board file (.pcb) for
> use with 'pcb', the value of the "ref_des" attribute in gschem-symbols
> must end in a digit ([0-9] - [1-9]?)!

Maybe someone with write access can add this to section "refdes" in

http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:glossary

Of course, we should try to find the exact reason why refdes like "CF"
or "RF" without digit may give problems for PCB netlist.

Armin, have you tried the suggestion of DJ:

>stefan@AMD64X2 ~/armin $ gsch2pcb project.txt
>Please try File->Import schematic in the latest PCB, it should work
>(and needs more testing! :)

I can not do this currently, because I am still using 2009 snapshot of
PCB shipped with Gentoo-Linux.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski