Re: gEDA-user: Patch to PCB build system needs testing/feedback

Leaving out the commandline in a build can open all sorts of cans with worms.
Most commandline flags control parts of header files (-DHAVE_STRANGE_MOFOS
-I/other/weired/headers)
and getting this wrong is a show-stopper with my bugs...

I feel make V=0.5 would be ideal: omit the stuff if everything goes well
and show the commandline (and the directory this make was started in)
if an error occurs (not for warnings). Clearly I know this is wishful thinking. I wrote an extra tool "errlog", to conserve the commandline in automated build logs for my projects. It's sort of a tee(1) that calls the compiler, sends it's output to log and stdout and terminates with the code the compiler terminated.
It's trivial to invoke: instead of "CC = gcc" use "CC = errlog gcc".

Armin