Re: gEDA-user: PCB configuration skin

Dave McGuire wrote:
On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Larry Doolittle wrote:
Lots of people speak Esperanto.
  It's all relative.  Compared to, say, Spanish?
I'm one of them. Multaj homoj parolas Esperanton. Mi estas unu el ili.
  Very cool.  Translation?

Come on, Dave.  Pattern match.
  Multaj  - multiple(many)
  homoj -  homo(man)
    (and at this point you figure a j suffix might mean plural)
  parolas - like French parlez (talk)
  Esparanton - not sure about the n suffix
The n suffix means it's an objective noun (vs a subjective) You're right the j makes it plural. So a plural object would end with a jn. Really it would end with an ojn because all nouns ( I think) end in o. It's a very regular language.

  Mi - My, Me
  estas - like latin est, spanish es: to be
  unu - latin unu, game/spanish uno, one
  el - spanish
  ili - wouldn't have guessed in isolation, but clearly "them"

  - Larry [who has never spoken a word of Esperanto in his life]

Yeah ok, I see it, I was being lazy. ;) It really is a simple language!

            -Dave