gEDA-user: xgsch2pcb acts different from gsch2pcb

If I take my project.rc file and copy it to project.gsch2pcb and change the output-name to something else so I don't clobber my ongoing development and run xgsch2pcb, pcb then gives me a bunch of errors like:

Warning! Net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "+5V"
Warning! net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "Vcc"
Warning! net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "+5V"
Warning! net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "GND"
Warning! net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "+12V"
Warning! net "+3.3V" is shorted to net "unnamed_net8"

Those are just a few. However if I use gsch2pcb and run pcb manually, I get no errors and all the rats seem to be connected OK. I "gitted" the latest copy and recompiled xgsch2pcb into /usr/local/bin and it demonstrated the same wierd behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim.