Re: gEDA-user: passing parameters to a subckt

On Saturday 24 April 2010, kai-martin knaak wrote:
> There should not be a need to search for specific models for
>  getting started  with basic circuits in the first place. The
>  models don't have to be exact. But they need to be available
>  right away.

Ah ..  there's a good idea ..  "don't have to be exact" .. they
never are ....   Not detailed, but just good enough for a
beginner. ......  Now we need a volunteer to do it.

Have things like a generic parameterizable op-amp. .. with
parameters like gain, gbp, and so on.

Can you make a list of the ones that should be included?

On Saturday 24 April 2010, kai-martin knaak wrote:
> As for the site: IMHO, the gedasymbols concept is a success
>  -- It is a  central site. Yet, every contributor is
>  exclusively responsible for his or her own slice. I see no
>  compelling reason to not use gedasymbols.org for simulation
>  models, too. If you are annoyed by the name, an alias
>  "gedafiles.org" may be a solution.

No .. the name is not a problem.

The vast majority of gnucap users are not geda users.  I think
that is true of ngspice too.